Thursday, June 7, 2012

South Pearl Activities

The morning dog walk is a magical time, the quiet of the morning is a great time to think and observe my quaint, quasi-urban surrounding.  Some mornings are marked by beautiful sunrises, tranquil moonsets and I am usually the only soul (Dempsey excluded) out and about.


The camera phone doesn't really capture the serenity of the morning, but it is good for some details.


The early morning light and shading of the faux concrete at the entrance to Sushi Den give little indication about what the cropping of the picture is hiding.


Somebody stole the neighboring building under the cover of night!


I knew that changes were coming since there was significant work on the inside of the old Pearl St. Grill space.  What I suspected was that it would be a renovation of the existing space, after which, the Wynkoop Group would take over the Izakaya Den space and the Super Den would be depleting the world supply of delicious tuna at an accelerated rate.

I will be very curious to see how construction on the "addition" will progress.  The previous projects I have observed over the last few years, the construction of Izakaya and the iterations of Ototo were build in a manner that suggest no expense was spared.  I am assuming this one will follow suit . . .

1 comment:

Kitt said...

I'm excited to see how they build it out, too. There's also a tavern going into the India's Pearl space.