Sunday, September 30, 2012

Signs . . .

The way people think is pretty fascinating and every once in a while you get a glimpse of that thought process, quite possibly still in its phases of infancy . . . half cooked and leaving plenty of room to question!


As we ease into autumn of 2012, it seems like advertising the garage sale of the century might be a hair on the premature side.  I did not take the opportunity to visit said garage sale of the century, but given that I didn't read about it in the national news shortly there after, I don't think it met its billing.


One of the best parts of living in a neighborhood is neighborly behavior.  I'd like to think that people have the capacity to look out for each other, even if there is no relationship established other than proximity.  Many neighborhoods have dog poo aid stations.  They don't all have to be as formal as seen above, often a neighbor effort comes in the form of something simple like a milk jug with a cut out in it so re-purposed plastic bags can be removed easily for poop control.



Apparently the dog owning brain trust in my n-hood couldn't figure out how the system works.  I personally have never imagined any sort of poo-fairy that would take care of the scene above.  Sigh . . .


There is no such thing as a free lunch.  Knowing what happens to coffee that sits around, especially coffee that isn't loved and looked after, the offer of free coffee at the end of a shop's business day isn't really that much of an enticement.  How about if I take the challenge and drink some of your blown out coffee, you give me a free pastry?  That at least would make for a compelling offer and an interesting sign.


G and I were talking about the new bike rack with a built in service station a few weeks back.  Her employer didn't want to install them because of cost and responsibility of maintenance of the facility.  Whole Foods on the other hand went all in.  They chalked up a new sign and everything!  Unfortunately when I found myself in a time of need, shortly after they installed their new bike station, I found out it had been removed because it broke . . .

I had to take a break from garden posts because this blog was starting to get a little too agricultural, but a harvest post is pending.  The fruits of gardening labors have been both sweet and tasty, making me fat and blog lazy!

No comments: