Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Slacking . . .

. . . but not really, just on the blog front. I had a few days in NZ post race and made the most of my relaxing time which was a good thing since life seems to be non-stop now. Mike and I hung out on Monday after the race at Sue and John's house out in the country. Everybody we met through the race was great, it was a pleasure getting to know some people who put a good chunk of time, money and effort into bike racing. It is nice to have some people to stay in touch with in case they come here or I go back there.

After a long flight of trying to sleep and half watching movies, I landed in LA where I was met by Pinkerton, now a resident of the OC. I got in a few more days of relaxation with some work mixed in. I hadn't seen Pinkerton since he moved and it was good to catch up. I got the tour of the area which looks to be strip mall hell for miles, but there also looks to be some good riding. We hit the beach for part of a day and I have pictures, but have to find my camera/cord so I can get everything posted.

When I got home, it was straight to work at the shop, getting things ready for opening day. Deb, Sarah and I did some quality work last weekend getting started on painting. I have some good before and after shots to put up, but when it comes to picking paint colors, it is almost like Deb missed her calling . . . my sister is talented. We got very positive feedback from everybody who saw the work in progress. I still have to finish some touch up and paint the ceiling, but it is all coming together nicely. The space should be nice and cozy once it is furnished and decorated. It is very exciting and a little daunting to have complete control of a business. In the past, my work experience has involved a lot of looking at the clock, wondering why it is still only 9:05 and starting the countdown to quittin' time. Now there is plenty to be done and I find myself wishing there were more hours in the day. We'll see what I think a few weeks into actual operation, having some 5:30 AM - 2:00 PM and then some, 7 days a week under my belt.

I'll try and get back to the regular updates . . . so much to tell, so little time to use my words . . .

1 comment:

Jordan said...

When is it opening?