Thursday, June 28, 2012

First Harvest

I took the opportunity provided by a cool, early morning to poke around the garden to see if anything was ready for picking.  The crookneck squash does a good job of obscuring its produce with abundant, giant leaves, but there was a squash of reasonable size that I went ahead and plucked.  Since there are many more to follow, I will probably just slice into this one and eat it raw to see what it would best pair with flavor wise.


The radishes are probably planted a shade on the dense side so it is a bit harder to see how they are coming along. I found a few that were showing a larger root size toward the top, they will be eaten shortly.


The lettuces that were unhappy with the heat seem to have made the adjustment to our early Colorado summer.  I have some strategies for getting plants in the ground next year and keeping more of a continuous harvest.  I am starting to see some action from the other veggies ... the tomato plants are doing their best to branch out and supply me with lots and lots of tomatoes, more updates to follow ...

No comments: