Monday, June 16, 2008

Back Home

I think there is some sort of giant target on my front yard, calling to the public, begging for some form of abuse. Paving is complete, the road is smooth, a nice job all the way around . . . including taking out some branches of my street trees.


I got the dangling limbs off the tree and out of the way before leaving town on Friday. They were some big ones as you can see.


The front side of the tree looks a little bare now . . . I guess if I really cared, I'd file a claim with the City Forrester, have an arborist come out, and make sure the tree was healthy, happy, and ready to move on from the experience. I'll use the opportunity to practice my summer pruning (vs. dormant) to see if the information I have is correct. In theory, summer pruning should control the growth of the tree somewhat whereas dormant pruning will lead to an increase in new foliage come next spring.

Meanwhile, inside the house, in Dempsey's absence Lou decided to get a little taste of dog water.


I figured he'd be needy without human presense over the weekend, but I didn't think he'd get destructive. I came home to plants knocked off the window sill, pots broken and soil everywhere. The basil took a beating and I'm afraid one of the plants is a goner.

I mentioned something about cows cutting our road race short on Saturday, here's the proof.


A game of bike vs. bovine probably would not have worked in our favor.

No comments: