Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Shiny

The coffee equipment is all starting to come together nicely. Nothing like a giant stack of pizza boxes to dwarf some sizable equipment. I can't wait to get back to town after racing and start getting things all set up, but having the ability to brew 22 1.5 gallon batches of coffee an hour is astounding.


I got the panels back from the powder coater yesterday as well and got a chance to finish cleaning the Rancilio before putting it all back together.


This picture really doesn't do any justice, but the red came out very nice and the machine looks sharp and ready for work. There are a couple parts and pieces I will need to track down eventually and it will be important to have a parts kit ready just in case once I am open for business.


I have gotten used to the electronic dosing controls on the machine and I have to say it makes it easier to dial in the grind when changing beans or adjusting for weather conditions (it has to be done, I swear). I am heading over to the shop tomorrow to meet with the roaster I selected for my coffee. They have plenty of experience setting up and operating coffee shops so I want to get their input on equipment placement before getting an electrician in to wire everything. That just about puts a wrap on the business side of things for now. I get to focus on racing for the next week and change, followed by some time on the beach doing nothing. Then it is back to work for real.

1 comment:

russman said...

why all the pizza boxes?