Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Night Terror

It wasn't really night terror, but last night, I woke up in the middle of the night, a few hours after going to bed with thoughts of what wouldn't work at Rise & Shine. The list was relatively short, just the loose ends that I don't have complete answers to yet. Nothing major, nothing that will keep me from opening the doors on Friday, but enough to make me lose sleep.

The shop is really coming together nicely. I know what I am doing, I have put out some good food and coffee drinks, although I need to work on my cappuccino skills still.

Sarah and her mom were in the shop today helping put the final touches on the place. The window seat looks complete with a cushion and some throw pillows.


Deb is really good at picking out colors and fabrics.


The curtains at the back counter will do a really good job of keeping things dressed up and hiding overstock of cups and such.


There are a couple panels left to be hemmed and hung, but putting the fabric up on the walls behind the counter will make a world of difference.


I'd love to pretend that serious life changes don't happen until I am open for business Friday and then every day after that . . . every . . . single . . . day . . . but the changes happened the day I committed to opening the shop. Let the adventure continue!

No comments: