Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Where Does the Time Go?

It seems like days go by between my blog postings. I haven't had such long periods of time away from the computer for a while. I have more distractions on the way since I will have other blog responsibilities in the near future. More to come on that.

Today, I made it down to Mike's house for testing to set what will hopefully be the low bar for the winter fitness. I was just about where I expected I'd be with the exception being my weight. For anybody looking to lose weight, I recommend starting your own company and taking on most of the tasks on your own. One of this week's activities, besides running down pricing, putting the finishing touches on the shop, and all of the other items to be taken care of, was to get the chalkboards ready for menus.


Why yes, that is my kitchen . . . The weather has been so cold that I really couldn't paint anywhere else, but inside the house proper. The garage was way too cold and the basement wasn't too much better. I opted for the brush/roll on chalkboard paint this time which made painting inside an option. The two boards will be mounted horizontally and somebody else is doing the writing since even my typing is barely legible.

Let's go back to the "how cold was it?" question . . . it was so cold that the supply and drain lines to my espresso machine inside the house (in the unheated back room) froze overnight. Fortunately I heard the pump struggling first thing this morning and took the heat gun to the tubing. It was -9 according to the internet this morning. I took Dempsey out for a walk and ended up running to stay warm. I'm over this whole winter thing.

No comments: