Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Rapid Redecorating

Thanks to Deb, I have some new roman shades and some curtains and some blinds and whatever else fell off the truck and nobody wanted. I have wanted to replace the window coverings in the bathroom for a while, but never really got around to it. Having a sister that works for a company that does nothing but window treatment got the ball rolling a little faster. I should have taken the before and after, but I'll say it is a definite improvement with the new blinds. Having the sheer portion at the top and the opaque portion on the bottom allows some light in while maintaining the necessary privacy.


The front window in the living room got a very sheer roman shade that dresses the window up a little bit better than the Dempsey's nose prints ever did. Unfortunately I'll have to leave the shade pulled up enough that Dempsey can't munge it up while taking a look out at the world.


The office got the full treatment, roman shade and new drapes that match everything nicely. Deb is much better at picking out colors than I am. It is amazing I can even dress myself in the morning. I need to do some serious cleaning in the house since it has been neglected while the backyard and garage get all the attention.


Speaking of . . . here's the garage with the trim painted. The pure white trim really does pop out and give the garage some detail and definition. I did some preliminary window box shopping online and looks like I'll be going with a basic cedar box that will get planted chock full of something or other.


The door is all that's left to paint really, but I need to pick out the color first. I'm thinking something in the blue or black family will work out nicely, although during my jaunt around the neighborhood this morning, I noticed a house that is a similar color (although they went for a cream color on the trim) that has some redish, rust colored accents that could work. I'm open to suggestions . . .

No comments: