Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Roof . . . The Roof!

The roof is almost done. There are a couple rows left and the ridge cap, but otherwise the roof is looking pretty good. The best part is that it was dried in before the sudden change in weather between yesterday and today. I am really looking forward to the day I don't have to scrape the frozen drizzle off the car in the morning.


I got the ball rolling on the electrical work necessary and it should be a little less painful than expected. I don't have to add a second sub panel to the house service to get more circuits as needed, I just need to switch out some of the breakers to duplex breakers and call it a day. It would be very nice having a few things on separate circuits instead of having half the house on one and the other half on another.

During all of this excitement in the backyard, I have still been keeping up with my riding for the most part. Manual labor seems to require a bit more recovery time since the muscles have a hard time remembering that they used to do stuff like "lifting" and whatnot. I have my monthly fitness test in the lab this afternoon, we'll see what the results are.

The parents are supposed to be flying in tonight. Hopefully the freezing drizzle keeps to a minimum and there are no delays at the airport. They are supposed to be getting in pretty late anyways, further delay would make it pretty miserable. Fortunately Deb is on airport duty . . .

No comments: