Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Yup

It's starting to look more and more like a finished garage. As I was hoping for, the siding work was done as of the end of the day yesterday. The siding and trim is ready to be caulked and painted if the weather stays warm enough for paint to stick. I am collecting some bids now for painters since time is short and getting it done while there is a warm day or two is going to be critical.


If I had more motivation, I could do some Photoshop work on the pictures and give more of a finished look, but my Photoshopping skills are rusty and the garage will be done soon enough anyways.


The side view of the building is rather lovely. There isn't too much space between the garage and the fence, but just enough for Dempsey to be able to sniff around and do whatever it is he does.


The last bits of the old fence can come down soon since there isn't a pile of material sitting around waiting to be stolen. I have an order in for some more dirt to bring the grade to where it is supposed to be. All that's lacking now is an apron so I can drive the car from the alley into the garage . . . oh and power. Nothing like having an automatic garage door opener with a cord floating free with nothing to plug it into. Details, details . . . still no word from Jeld-Wen on my grid inserts.

No comments: