Sunday, May 20, 2007

Suffering with the Pros

Uh, that was not much fun. I got to spend the day with just about every real pro in Boulder racing at the old StorageTek course.

Observation 1: Our new team kits look a lot like BMC, maybe I should start wearing green shoe covers or a yellow helmet.

Observation 2: Multiple attacks off the gun and high pace make Seth go kaboom!

I did everything I could to hang in there and be useful to my teammates, including going out of my way to take a free lap because of a "mechanical". It would have been easier to just have that "mechanical" and quit many laps before I did. When I was re-inserted into the race, there was a break of 8 or so up the road including Scott Moninger who ended up soloing to a victory, "aided" by the wind that whipped up in a 4 minute squall that blew through.

Rolf and Kevin finished respectably with Kevin taking 9th place.

No comments: