Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Which is Faster?

A pound of feathers or a pound of lead?

We usually don't see weather this good for Cherry Creek . . . warm, not windy. I guess there is a cloudy lining to every silver purse. Without the wind the mosquitoes were out in full force. They were the size of helicopters and instinctively flocking like the Salmon of Capistrano (I really hope somebody gets this one). All we need is a few more plagues, the separating of the Cherry Creek Reservoir and it would be straight up biblical!

Warm up went well, didn't miss my start time, legs felt fast and using the splattered bugs on my helmet as an indicator, I'd say I was going fast for at least part of the time trial. Unfortunately my front tire had other plans. I flatted somewhere before the turn around. Not only did that slow me down, but I got extremely distracted in the corners where it felt like my front tubular was going to roll right off the rim.

I finished in 23:15 which is somewhat respectable. Since speculation is fun, how much faster could I have gone?

No comments: