Friday, September 21, 2007

In the Dark

Acting on the recommendations of Mike Carter, I went out to Meridian last night, doubting that there would be anybody there and that there would be any daylight left at the end of the ride at 7:00.

It was different dynamic than usual. Efforts seemed a little tougher than I remember, thanks to little intensity over the last couple weeks. More people simply packed up and went home after getting dropped, but there were still those few who would jump back in lap after lap. As it got darker and cars started turning on their headlights I realized that the group I was in was no longer the lead group, but the only group. It was good to get in some intensity none the less.

I hit Pasquini's with Brian, Matt, and Chad . . . the place, recently expanded has gone downhill service wise. You know it is bad when you get to the point where you have trouble actually paying your bill, i.e. having somebody come take your money when it is sitting on the table. Maybe I'll hit up Fish and Chips across the street for happy hour next time!

No comments: