Thursday, September 27, 2007

Fore!

I am a really good golfer, I am not going to lie, just ask Joe Pinkerton. He witnessed the massacre of range ball. Out of the whole bucket, I think I hit a couple of decent shots. The beauty of it all is the Golesh Door/Multifamily Building Products Company Golf Tournament is "best ball" so all I have to do is hit a couple good shots.

Nothing like using clubs that haven't seen the light of day since about 1982. At some point Mike Carter gave me his old high school clubs, Coors bag, Bronco club covers and all. The woods have real wood and the irons are about as low tech as one could ask for. Nonetheless I was able to hone and refine my swing to the point of being able to hit about 1 in 5 playable shots.

I keep forgetting that Saturday morning is the tournament. I have only biked through Fox Hollow, but the course looks pretty tough. My real hope of hopes is that i will have enough time after golfing to get a good ride in. Sunday will be the cyclocross debut for the Miller Highlife grill. The menu looks to be shaping up nicely with some sort of lamb and/or chicken with pita, yoghurt sauce, etc, etc.

You might ask where the pictures are . . . I just unpacked/uncovered the charger for the camera, go me.

No comments: