Saturday, September 15, 2007

New Year

For those of you fellow Jews out there, Happy New Year, for those non-jews, the reason we didn't come to work on Thursday is because it was Rosh Hashanah. Just as a heads up, Yom Kippur is right around the corner so if my demeanor and outlook seem a little better it is because we do some heavy, non-commercially sponsored prayer and seeking of forgiveness.

A new year of any sort seemed like a good time to get the old blog fired back up. There were some backdated posts that never got published and some activities never recounted. As a recap:

Where we last left off, back in May we had our team BBQ for Tokyo Joe's Cycling Team and all the goods got handed out, equipped with all the best I was ready to head into the heart of the racing season . . . but then I got sick, got Joe Brenner sick, recovered slightly and managed to get 4th at State TT. I got a new TT bike shortly after States from Ed and the Bicycle Pedal'r, more on that later. I hit the road with Kevin and Rolf to begin what seemed like an endless series of climbing races. I was able to put in the early effort to help out the team and watch as those skinny climbing goons did their thing. I hit the Boulder TT series to try and get used to the new bike and get in as many time trials as possible to get ready for Masters' Worlds. I had a brief trip back to NC for my parents' 40th wedding anniversary which was a lovely surprise party. I went to Wyoming for the Dead Dog Classic, and rode over the pass solo as part of my early effort, maybe some day i'll be able to make one of those stick. I rode the crits, got rained on, I rode up Golden Gate in time trial position a little too often and I went to Austria. Did some racing, didn't win a championship, had the new TT bike stolen, did some traveling, returned to race the next weekend in scenic Lamar, CO. Now I have hung up the bike as much as I hang it up and traded it for a weed whacker and some manual labor. The backyard will be transformed this season.

Here we are, at the beginning of another year, the entrance to evening trainer hell, poised to make the leap to whatever comes next.

Pictures and more regular musings to follow. Keely and I did get some good pictures from the end of the season. Maybe I can even sneak in some real life shots, off the bike, in my other natural habitats.

No comments: