Monday, October 1, 2007

Sweeeeeeeeet-eeeeet

What a great start to the week . . . drank some coffee, walked the dog, got ready for work, got in the car, started rolling, heard that distinctive sound of a flat tire . . . sweeeeeeeeeeeet. The good news is that the spare had air. The bad news is that I could never be on a NASCAR pit crew. First off, I am not enough of a redneck, but more significantly I am not so fast with the tools.

The weekend was a good one. Played a full 18 holes of golf on Saturday for the company tournament. I actually hit a couple good shots and helped the team out in the scramble. I hit a mean 5 iron out of the fairway rough and sunk some critical putts, including our only birdie of the day. One team said they hit a 55, I call BS on that. That comes to an average of 3 shots per hole, riiiiiight.

Sunday, we hit the cross race at Bear Creek Lake Park for some drinking, grilling, and cowbell ringing. The discovery of the day was the tater tot hot dog. If you put tater tots on your hot dog, it is mighty tasty.

Joey P. and I went out and abused each other on the bikes nice and early yesterday morning. I knew anything over about an hour and a half would hurt since I have not really put in any long rides since the week after Lamar. I survived, got in some good climbing and had a good time.

Back to work . . .

No comments: