Friday, April 11, 2008

In the Mix

I decided to give the KitchenAid its first test run last night with a batch of Oatmeal Craisin White Chocolate Chip cookies. I think the dough could have used a little more flour, the first batch was a little bit loose, but tasty nonetheless. I baked seven cookies and have the rest of the dough chilling in the fridge to be baked on an "as needed basis" in the toaster oven.


Even better, I didn't realize at the time of purchase last week, but there is a rebate for a free ice cream maker attachment, bonanza! Cycling will soon be forgotten and all of my time will be spent cooking and eating.

I came across this gem in the WSJ this morning and nearly choked on my coffee while reading, drinking and laughing all at the same time. I have heard tales of MC Hammer's generosity towards his 200+ member "team" . . . wow, people are dumb.

Prep for weekend racing continues as the week comes to a close. It looks like wind is in the forecast for tomorrow's time trial which should work out well for maximizing suffering. I have only ridden one time trial previously with a disc so I should get some good practice over the course of the season as I get ready for Worlds in August.

Music for a Friday, take your pick . . .








1 comment:

KarmaTee said...

The UK mix made my morning. Nice work.