Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Only in Boulder

Well not really just in crazy, wacky Boulder, CO anymore . . . I came across this one in the WSJ this morning. Now mind you when I read this article without the added video below, I pictured Mr. Nash as more of a wizened, elderly school bus driver, rather than Otto Mann from the Simpsons.



Given that it is Boulder, I should have known better.



Every town has its share of odd ducks, but college towns seem to carry more than their fair share. Even Chapel Hill has always been somewhat of an exception to the North Carolina cultural rules.

It has been a while since I have given a progress update for the job across the street from me. It is going slowly still since they have the smallest framing crew in the history of time. There are two guys with a saw and a nail gun plugging away, building walls at their own pace. As of yesterday afternoon they had the first floor exterior walls standing, ready for the top plate and maybe the start of a second floor.

I will have my own little construction project getting started the last half of this week in the backyard. The fence between me and my neighbor's yard (the last segment in the backyard to be replaced) has failed the test of time. Part of it fell down a week or so ago due to rotten posts. The remainder is questionable at best so I decided to bring somebody in to get the old fence out and a new one in. Usually I'd just do it myself, but I don't feel like getting the material to my house nor do I feel like setting 5-7 fence posts.

And now for the weather . . . for once, the forecast is dry for a Wednesday afternoon/evening. I think I might make it out to Cherry Creek to race tomorrow!

1 comment:

Velovera said...

I was planning on getting rid of a lot of my grass in the next few years but not for veggies, more for zeroscape. I reseeded, covered and aerated my lawn this past weekend. I was too sick to ride so I gardened. Scary thought. When's the garage being built?