Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Speak of the Devil

There have been a few instances of happenstance as of late, the kind that make you scratch your head and say, "Huh . . ." Just a couple weeks ago Deb was talking about going to the mountaineering museum in Golden and this morning there was an article in the WSJ about it. I think I'll wait for others to visit the museum first and report back.

Due to the relative economic doom and gloom highlighted daily in the paper, I usually flip to the Personal Journal section first for my morning read and then fill in the reality gaps after. There was another article this morning that caught my eye about the rising value of old tractors. The "artist" son of the crazy landlady I had in Germany bought an old Porsche tractor at an auction one day and left it in the driveway thereafter.



It is impossible to tell from Google's satellite images if the tractor is there or not, but it would be under the red tree. If you scroll around a bit you can see what a great location I had. Our 3rd floor balcony had a great view of the sunsets behind the Vosges Mountains across the border in France.

In other exciting news, I should have all sorts of packages waiting for me at home today. Based on the tracking information, the Bag o' Crap has hit town as have my other gifts to myself. Nothing like buying stuff for yourself so you have packages waiting for you on the front porch!

1 comment:

jess said...

mmm....your package that's suppose to arrive today, Im assuming its the beater or something better!? Funny Val and I did plan on going to the mountaineering museum after the TT sat but of course it was too late when we were done..Ill wait for reviews!