Thursday, April 10, 2008

What the Duck?

Sometimes you start down the path of "plan A" and have to go to "plan B" because of circumstance. I got home from work yesterday afternoon, took Dempsey out to play, and noticed that the rain coming down was quite cold. I got on the trainer anyways and started my usual warm up routine for any sort of time trial effort. Somewhere mid warm up, I noticed it was sleeting outside. The rain let up a little bit as I packed the bike into the car, but resumed on the drive out to Cherry Creek. It stopped raining when I got out to Cherry Creek, long enough for me to help Bret Hunter pin numbers on his kids (go visit Bret at Sports Optical and find out the latest). Walking over to pick up my number it started raining again.

Kudos to those who raced yesterday afternoon, I did not. I hopped into Joe Brenner's car which was close to registration and warm. I rolled down the window a crack when I saw Alex and Duane roll past to find out how it was, it sounded cold.

By far the best story I have heard came from Shawnee Brenner who said she almost hit a duck out on course to which her response was, "what the duck?" The encounter was described as two innocent ducks out on a date, looking for spring time love, when all of a sudden . . . no lives or feathers were lost in this story. I'll head back out next week, hopefully with better weather.

As predicted by the UPS tracking system, my mixer was sitting on the porch for me yesterday afternoon. It hasn't come out of the box yet, but it should look exactly like this:


Time to get baking, favorite recipes gladly accepted.

1 comment:

I am Brian said...

Favorite recipe;

- One box; Duncan Hines Milk Chocolate Chunk brownie mix
- One ounce; Sticky Green Pot