Thursday, February 19, 2009

Dog Days at the Office

After this morning's walk at the park with Dempsey, I noticed spots of blood on the kitchen floor and thought to myself, "I don't remember stabbing anyone last night, maybe it was the butler." Then I saw blood on my shoes . . . As I was dialing to turn myself in for a crime I did not remember committing, I noticed that Dempsey was licking his front, right paw and underneath was a fresh spot of blood on the tile. Upon further investigation, I found out that at the park some how, Dempsey had completely lost one of his nails. It wasn't just broken to the quick and bleeding, it was broken off at the paw.

Instead of having him bleed out at home, alone, I decided to bring him in the car to work so I could keep an eye on him and take him to the vet if necessary. Turns out the owner, who doesn't really like dogs, was out today so my boss told me to bring Dempsey in as opposed to visiting him in the car every half hour.

Everybody has been commenting on what a well behaved dog he is. This is very nice to hear given Dempsey's past displays of aggressive behavior towards strangers, especially male. As people stood in my doorway, he would maintain his place on the floor until released and then he would walk up to whoever was there and get some scratches behind the ears, do the requisite sniffing, before resuming his spot on the floor.

When left at home, I'm pretty sure Dempsey spends the majority of the day exactly like this.


At the office, he gets a lot of attention from anybody who comes in.


But pretty much does exactly what he does at home, on the floor since we don't have any comfy couches here.


Awwww, who's a good boy?


Dempsey got in some quality ZZZs at the office, I did some work, trying to interpret the intentions of an architect on a 300+ unit apartment building. Speaking of housing . . . do you qualify for housing bailout?

No comments: