Tuesday, February 3, 2009

When It Rains

What do red anodized brakes look like on the new team frames?


Will I post a new picture of every single part that goes into the build on these bikes? You bet I will! Everyday seems like my birthday now that products are rolling in. Yesterday it was the frames, today the brakes and Cateye computers. What will tomorrow bring?

I did get out to ride a fair bit this weekend. We hit Boulder on Saturday with most of the elite team managing to get together. The warm and windy end of January days are far preferable to a day in the basement and it was good to get to know my teammates to be a little better. On Sunday, I headed up to Conifer to get tortured by Brenner and Clay.



We did some zigging and some zagging, a little climbing, and a lot of descending. The rule of thumb is if you don't kill Joey in the first hour, he will ruin your life for the reminder of the ride with his endless source of power. After the last significant climb of the day, trip #2 up Blue Creek, he put the screws to me going back up Hwy 73 heading back towards his house. Fortunately we had fueled up at Tin Star prior, so I was able to endure and make it back to his house.


Evergreen is always good for a few laughs, even for the newly crowned Bear Claw King. While we were minding our own business, eating donut/fritter product, I saw what I can only describe as an "ass-tard" driving past with a fixie in the back of his car. That made me chuckle. Chuckle developed into full laugh when said a-tard rolled past on the sidewalk, walking his fixie. He parked it on the side of the building where we were sitting and walked into the sushi place.


Shoddy work with the camera phone, but you get the idea. You can't see details like the paper cutout, Colorado flag in the spokes, or the special wheels, but trust me, they all bore the mark of lame hipsterness.

Said lame hipster got all paranoid by our laughter and pictures being taken of his ride, so he came out to get his bike and roll it into the safety of the restaurant. After conferring with Hutchison, this is the same moron he spotted a couple weeks ago who exclaimed to his hipster friend, "Hey, let's go ride fixies around Denver!" To which his friend responded, "I only have a road bike . . . with gears." How lame!?! True story, I can't make this stuff up.

No comments: