Monday, October 26, 2009

Delivered

I got a call this morning from Midwest Motor Express at about 8:00 saying my freight would be delivered between 10:00 and 11:30 so I headed over to the location. I spent a little while taking more measurements and figuring out what fittings I would need for the water filtration system. When the clock turned 10:01, I heard a truck out front. I was shocked that the freight company hit the first part of the delivery window as opposed to the last five minutes.

The used coffee brewer seems to have arrived without damage. There are some signs of wear and tear from it's previous life, but nothing too terrible. There are plenty of ways to cover up some of the superficial stuff and brand the machine with the Rise & Shine logo when it is done. I put in a call to a graphic designer I worked with ages and careers ago to see if she would be interested in helping me out. Melissa at Studio Harris does great work and I have no problem giving her bits of guidance and thoughts before stepping back and letting her do her thing. I have a few other business related items I want to take care of before getting out of town, but for the next few days, I will be putting things on hold to focus on the next task at hand.

I stopped by Mike's house for a fitness test prior to heading to Tour of Southland. It will be interesting to see where my fitness is when I get done racing for six days in a row (followed by a few days sitting on the beach). I will likely be much more fit than any Novembers past. I am definitely ready to race now and I will likely be adjusting and racing into form over the first couple stages. Maybe I should start packing or something.

No comments: