Thursday, October 8, 2009

October 8th Snowfall

We didn't get a lot of the white stuff, but it was coming down at a slow rate throughout the morning and afternoon hours, making it cold, wet and ugly out. I had grand plans to get out on the bike, but also had no desire to get the chill that deep in the bones for the sake of "practice" alone. I ended up on the trainer for a wonderful, magical hour and fifteen minutes, revisiting the joy that is "Indoor Workout #3". Good thing I fueled up prior.


The freezer is pretty well stocked with breakfast burritos right now which isn't a bad thing at all. This batch came out really well and smothered with a little extra chili and cheese said burrito hit the spot.

I burned off some extra energy thanks to United Airlines, I have to remember to avoid booking flights on United in the future when I have to travel with my bicycle. They now charge $175 per leg as the excess baggage fee for a bicycle. That's skyway robbery! [note: a quick google search confirmed that I did not come up with an original term on that one.] Fortunately on the return trip, I will have time to UPS the bike back to Denver between trips to the beach and hanging out with Pinkerton in his new environment of SoCal.

Despite the current weather woes, training continues and I have a pretty big block of it leading up to my departure for Tour of Southland. With any luck, the weather will improve slightly for a long ride this weekend. Though I am intrigued by tomorrow's forecast for "ice pellets" I am not sure I want to spend 4.5 hours riding through it. Sunday, I am planning on riding with some of my teammates for the NZ trip, Greg Krause and Kevin Nicol. That which does not kill you, blah, blah, blah . . .

No comments: