Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Agricultural Adventures

Amazing to think it was 2 years ago that I planted grass in the tree lawn area in my front yard and that it is not completely dead yet. I did some overseeding and fertilizing yesterday afternoon before getting out on the bike, in the hopes that the grass will return to the full glory of the day when it was sod.

As I get ready to do something with the backyard, I start to question my track record with plants. Let's see here . . . tropical banana leafy thing in the dining room . . . dead . . . herb starter kit sproutlings . . . dead . . . happy bamboo plant . . . dead . . . there are some bright spots, my front yard is still alive, just a bit too lush and full, the basil I planted from the refrigerated grocery store pack is still hanging on even after being re-potted and put outside. The mint from the same source is growing like mad. I guess if it is a weed or "native" I can do alright. We'll see what Shelli of Stems Garden Design comes up with for the backyard.

Today is cross training day, I think I might run outside with Dempsey even if nobody is chasing us.

No comments: