Thursday, October 11, 2007

Welcome to the . . .

. . . uh, Terror Basement?

In a recent survey 6 of 10 cycling coaches recommended that I get on the trainer instead of trying to squeeze rides into the last remaining bits of daylight. Where did I find these coaches you ask, don't ask I say.

I did get the basement set up to be as comfortable as possible a trainer venue. I now have digital cable, a source of light, a window to open, and even the possibility of plugging in a fan to blow the dust and spiders around. The good news is that I can sit up on the bike and pedal without my head hitting the ceiling of the basement. After an hour and ten minutes, I saw some changes that could be made to the basement but they would all require some pretty major work. I might put up some inspirational posters:



The calendar said either "blast up Lookout" or "indoor 2A" . . . I opted for indoor 2A and it was all the joy I remembered. Getting back on the trainer felt like I was introducing an air of seriousness back into the training program, no more slacking. I think I might go hit golf balls tonight . . .

No comments: