Monday, October 15, 2007

Rock-tober

This means I am going to rock way harder than I usually do in a regular, every year kind of October. I thank the sports geniuses for making me aware of this and the fact that we have a long-loved home team when it comes to baseball, sure we didn't go to games for the past three years, but damnit, I'm a die hard, purple to the bone, Rockies fan. If they win the World Series, do we get to burn newspaper boxes and flip cars in Lodo again?

Deb was in town for the weekend, following her interview. She and Keely ganged up against me and decided it was time to make some changes in the house. Gone is the bobble head Billy Mays doll, although I think I can still pull it out of the trash if anybody wants an autographed collectible. I think Billy Mays was the home run record holder for a while and now he has been reduced to slinging Oxyclean products. It is a funny story how I picked up this item . . .

Sunday turned truly craptacular, so I spent the day with JD kicking around town, returning some of the stuff that didn't work in the house, and picking up a few items at the Home Depot. By 4:00 I managed to muster up the motivation to hit the trainer. I think riding the trainer was actually easier than riding the super turd wheels put together last week for winter training.

We'll see what the week brings, I don't anticipate any real excitement. There is planning for the cross race next weekend, dreaming up home improvement schemes, DTD, and of course what ever work I can manage to accomplish during the day.

No comments: