Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Another Year . . .

. . . come and gone. As we write the final chapter on 2007, we also close another year in the life of Seth Rubin. Hard to believe I turn 32 today. Where does the time go? Where is my wisdom? I've never really been one for celebrating birthdays in grand style, after all we roll over another year everyday of our lives it's just that nobody celebrates the annual passing of the 43rd day after your birth.

It snowed a lot more than it was supposed to this weekend. A white Christmas is charming and all but 8" of new snow just as the old stuff was on its last legs makes winter tiresome. There's promise of more snow later this week . . . barring dramatic and drastic measures, I will not be riding outside for quite a while.

I have no pictures from the weekend because I left the camera at work but trust me when I say the new computer looks really good in its spot on the desk. The new operating system is pretty and there is more to explore, but I definitely found the remote and Front Row a pleasant distraction. Nothing like being able to watch web video from 6' back and forget that it is your computer, not a TV.

I was also able to paint the kitchen the revised and updated version of Ralph Lauren Chamois that was applied to the butler pantry. The kitchen looks good with a fresh coat. This week I hope to paint the rest of the walls below the wainscot, the ceiling, and the trim. I pulled one of the samples of concrete from its form. Despite some "bug holes" from the samples not really being vibrated the surface looks really cool. I have high hopes for the real top which I should be able to pull and flip over sometime this week as long as I have some help moving it!