Thursday, December 13, 2007

Planning

This week seems to have been a big week for planning and preparation on the home projects front. I think I know what I am doing on the concrete countertop, I read the book, watched the video, piece of cake right? I still have to caulk the form, but I have decided on a slightly chamfered edge (look it up if you don't know) and that shouldn't be too hard when it comes to caulking.

I also laid out the lighting for the kitchen with a total of seven recessed cans, six in the main ceiling and one mini can over the sink in the stupid soffit that somebody decided was a good idea when installing the cabinets (stupid because it doesn't even match up to the upper edge of the cabinets and it is incomplete). By my calculations . . . there should be ample light, minimal shadow over the working areas . . . and if all else fails, I can add another can or even a decorative fixture where the fluorescent light was.

I am getting over my cold, seems like I get sick once a year right around this time. I'm sure there will be one more cold in my future, sometime around March 12th, approximately.

The birthday is coming up in another 13 days . . . Falcon here we come! On another note for you blog lurkers out there, email me, make yourself known, it's my birthday wish! According to the site meter there are some out of staters who have become regular readers through Kendall, Pinkerton, and Hutchison . . . who are you???

No comments: