Friday, March 13, 2009

Dope!

From the news headlines . . .

Phish Resumes Touring, Drug Bust Ensues

Phish is back on the road after a five year hiatus and surprise, surprise, Phish fans do drugs . . . and get busted for it.
The narcotics arrests include charges related to marijuana, cocaine, heroin , Ecstasy and various prescription drugs, QuiƱones said. Police seized more than $1.2 million worth of drugs and more than $68,000 in cash during the arrests.

According to reports, the city had an extra 200 police officers on hand for the concerts and the band picked up the cost. I'd say it paid for itself based on the numbers above.

Madoff to Pay for Crime with Time He Does Not Have

Bernard Madoff was apologetic in court when pleading guilty to stealing from the rich and keeping for himself.
"As the years went by, I realized that my arrest and this day would inevitably come," said the 70-year-old Mr. Madoff, dressed in a crisp white shirt and charcoal-gray suit. "I am painfully aware that I have deeply hurt many, many people, including the members of my family, my closest friends, business associates and the thousands of clients who gave me their money. I cannot adequately express how sorry I am for what I have done."

For the 11 criminal counts he pleaded guilty to, he could be sentenced to 150 years in prison. If the terms start concurrently, he'll likely see 20 years of jail time. The system is too complicated for any outsider to fully comprehend, just trust me on this. Let's say you were getting a 5 year prison sentence for 15 people of 32 different ages and from 23 separate states, if you divide the term by the number of cells it takes to jail the 47 cousins who were involved in 3 unrelated accidents on 5 major airlines . . . well, you do the math. In the end it just makes sense right? You'd be a fool not to get in!

If anybody needs me, I'll be watching college basketball for the next few weeks, go Tarheels!

No comments: