Thursday, March 26, 2009

From Dusk til Dawn

I took a look out the window early this morning not only to check on the snowfall, fully expecting 4-8" but also to admire the function of my finally installed motion sensor for the garage exterior lights. I have had the motion sensor sitting in the house for days but haven't had the desire to fight with the Hardi-siding since cutting through cementitious siding is no fun. On Tuesday, I drilled a hole, did some cutting and fed the wires into the garage. I still have to figure out how to best secure the sensor since the threaded part isn't long enough to go through the siding and sheathing.


This is the pre-dawn view. The sensor has a dual brightness function so from dusk it will keep the lights on, but dimmed (for 3 hours, 6 hours, or until dawn) until it senses motion and the lights come on full strength. It casts a nice glow over the garage door area.

As for the snow on the ground, I'll be taking measurements every hour on the hour and posting results. At 7:00 it looked like this:


I didn't have the measuring stick in hand for this picture, but I'd put this at about 1/16" . . . it might be 1/8" if a couple snowflakes had fallen on each other, but that doesn't appear to be the case, or the pressure of one on the other melted some of it. Some storm!

No comments: