Thursday, March 19, 2009

Down Goes Nosh

I noticed on this morning's walk that there was a for rent sign on the gate at Nosh on Pearl St. and the courtyard was not looking as festive as it usually does. In fact, the courtyard has been stripped of all furniture, decoration, and signs of life. I haven't heard any details on what happened or if John is doing something else from another location, but it is a bummer. I was looking forward to bouncing between Pajama Baking Company and Nosh for my summertime iced treat needs (come midsummer, it is no longer a matter of want). There will be a good number of opportunities to jump on the townie bike and go on the prowl for ice cream. I still haven't been to Red Trolley up in the Highlands, but one of these days, I'll make it to root beer float happy hour.

The NCAA tournament is in full swing now. I didn't take part in any office "bracketology" or really any discussions regarding who'd win what. Just put Carolina going to the Final Four if Ty Lawson is healthy. I have to revise my statement about Duke, they will make it out of the first round, but I don't think they will make it to the Sweet 16. My prediction is they will get out athleticized (just made that word up for my own purposes) by Texas in the 2nd round. There was an interesting read in the WSJ about the UNC-Duke rivalry and its overall impact on the college hoops scene. Time to watch all the games on all of my TVs.

No comments: