Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Glue

I got the gluing operation fired up again last night to get a start on the remaining wheels just lying around. The living room has resumed its bike shop status with multiple bikes and wheels providing the dust bunnies and Dempsey hair drifts with safe harbor and shelter from the vacuum cleaner.

This gluing session went much more quickly than the last as I decided to just don the rubber gloves and use a purple, nitrile coated index finger to spread the glue along the tires and rims.


In other news, the duplex across the street from me is progressing slowly. I think by the time they finish construction the housing market slump will be over. They rolled out the floor and should be dropping some stairs into the basement. By my schedule they are weeks behind now! I'd provide some pictures, but all there is to see right now are some sheets of plywood on top of floor joists.

I continue to ponder and explore my next building project, a garage at the back alley so I will no longer have to subject my car the the whims of drivers on the street. The front runner for design these days is something like this:


Of course at my house, you'd never have such a vantage point and the tree is more like a utility pole in the alley. I'd also go to one 16' garage door to keep costs down. Anybody want to finance this project?

1 comment:

Velovera said...

I know... I chose the house with the single car garage over the buetiful three car with windows and a nice seating area.