Friday, April 4, 2008

Rooster

Over the last couple of week, I could have sworn that I heard the distinctive sound of a rooster somewhere on the 1600 south block of Pearl Street. The little red rooster was not too lazy to crow the day, contrary to the old blues song covered by the Grateful Dead, the Rolling Stones, the Yardbirds, Eric Clapton, and many others. Who has a rooster in the middle of a neighborhood? The video below probably more accurately reflects the sentiment of the neighbors when it comes to their unwanted, natural alarm clock.


I had the pleasure of doing my monthly fitness test down at the Echelon Sports Performance labs yesterday afternoon. My power output at threshold is now at a level where I have decided to stop racing. Instead of registering and getting out there, I am going to calculate my "results" based on topography, environmental conditions, and my test numbers. I should be able to let you know how my season "went" by the end of the day.

Tomorrow is the first race day of the rest of my life. I am registered for the Lookout Mountain Hillclimb, the individual time trial edition. I get to race against the clock and then compare results with some guys who go really fast uphill. The glue job on the light wheels is curing and should be ready for the test spin this afternoon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So how did you do?