Thursday, April 3, 2008

If You Say So

I want to take my hat off to the promoter of the Koppenberg race for putting in efforts required to get his race rescheduled. Then I want beat him about the head and face with said hat for putting in the effort knowing full well that the forecast for the second half of this week called for rain and/or snow. The race was postponed originally because of wet roads turning to impassable muck (see the 3/30/08 post) created by a light dusting of snow, not a full day of precipitation.

I will have to do some day of race decision making (it would help if I knew if my pre-registration made it in) on Sunday. Sloppenberg or School of Mimes? What I was really hoping for was that Koppenberg would be rescheduled for 4/20 when I will be out of town anyways. Having a valid excuse not to do the race would be ideal!

There was more action this morning across the street, but I didn't get pictures for fear of freaking out the excavator prepping to dig for the water service lateral, most likely without a street closure permit. Many contractors will simply put the signs out there without paying the city closure fees. Given that the city inspectors are so busy all over town, I can't say I blame them for trying to save a few bucks here or there.

Nice day we're having here . . . I wonder what Dempsey is doing.

No comments: