Saturday, April 5, 2008

Unreal

Usually people accuse Dick Vitale of being biased towards Duke, but at least he calls a halfway decent game while being as annoying as he is. I have never heard a commentating crew show more favoritism towards one team than Billy Packer and Jim Nantz did towards Kansas in Saturday's game. Mr. Packer and Mr. Nantz went to an interesting extreme given their geographic backgrounds (check out their bios linked above). Kansas took it to Carolina early and hard, they deserve credit for playing a great game despite almost blowing it. Oh well, there's always next year as long as the entire team doesn't enter the NBA draft.

Today marked the beginning of the racing season for me with the Lookout Mountain Hill Climb (click the link to see the map and elevation gain). I haven't seen the results yet but since it was an individual time trial, the race against the clock, I'm going to say I beat the clock, it quit before I did.

My rough guess on my time is approximately 19:17 which is somewhere around my personal best, bettering my time of 19:28 from last year's mass start event, which I also treated somewhat like a time trial, drilling it on the early part and then letting Kevin do his thing. Speaking of, Kevin showed good form today, posting a 17:20 or so. I think I want to "retire" too!

Koppenberg is on the slate for tomorrow unless it randomly starts raining in which case I will go back to Golden and race the circuit race around the School of Mimes campus.

No comments: