Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Damn Kids

It took me long enough to get around to it, but I finally cleaned the graffiti off the garage door. In all honesty, I don't see it very often since there is no view of it except from the car as I am driving away.


I've seen far worse cover up jobs, but I'd give this a "P" for passable, on my special rating scale. I picked up some graffiti remover a few weeks back, after staring at the row of products, I selected what I thought would be best . . . Motsenbocker's Lift Off. Turns out they have a wide variety of products. Home Depot had #4 (graffiti remover), I wonder if I should have sought out #3 (ink remover). It smudged the ink a little bit and with more scrubbing, I could get the smudge off, but not all of the ink. The harder I scrubbed, the more paint started coming off, whoops. Fortunately I had some rattle can primer and got to practice my spraying technique. Unfortunately it wasn't an exact match, but see comments above regarding me caring.

Sometimes I don't get around to reading all of the articles in the paper for the day, I just skim. I didn't read the article that accompanied the picture below, because frankly I didn't care about family tensions rising when grandparents babysit.

Sameer Rafla sometimes helps out when his wife cares for their grandchildren, such as 3-year-old Quinn.
You really don't have to take it too far out of context to make the picture/caption combo highly amusing. It did remind me of the days of hanging out with my grandparents in Florida, spending all day at the pool in their complex and playing shuffleboard with anyone willing to put up with me. I'm sure there were plenty of grandpas who were very tempted to toss me back in the pool.

No comments: