Thursday, June 11, 2009

Twister . . .

I know the eastern plains of Colorado are adjacent to "Tornado Alley" but the daily tornado warnings are starting to get old. Every day this week I have left work only to be greeted by threatening weather, severe thunderstorms with hail and high tornado potential. Today appears to be no different, although it looks like it might be clearing out west of town . . . clearing enough to lure me out of the safety of the basement, only to get rained on.

One of my new favorite activities of late is looking up different words on the Merriam-Webster site just to hear the pronunciation. I find it very cathartic to have a nice voice available at the click of a button to curse for me. Give it a try . . .

This weekend is the Western Slope Omnium out in Glenwood Springs. We have the split squad thing going right now with Chuck and Zac in Minnesota for the Nature Valley Grand Prix, but Brian, Zak and I will be representing locally. I'm sure I'll have the full report to follow, as long as the tornadoes don't head west of the divide and get us. There is also the risk of being overwhelmed by the Ride the Rockies riders who start their "epic" adventure in Glenwood Springs this weekend as well.

No comments: