Monday, June 22, 2009

Riddle Me This . . .

I know there have been some hard times in the real estate world, but can creative marketing still sell a "house"? I have passed this one a number of times and haven't seen much progress or intent to get crackin' but the sign, as fancy as it is, contains a few concerning issues.


It is a lovely sign, well constructed and I give it high marks for glossiness. The description of the home is pretty typical for new construction in the neighborhood. Who doesn't want his and hers wardrobes in this day and age?


The glossy factor makes a little hard to read the not so fine print at the top, but it says "available immediately" which I am finding a bit of a stretch.


And the curb appeal of which the realtor speaks just doesn't do it for me either.


I have seen some fast construction in my day. Model homes in new developments are often slammed together in a matter of weeks rather than months, but for something mid to high end and quasi custom, "available immediately" is not a very likely possibility. The phone number for the builder is on the sign if anybody would like to call and pretend to be an out of town buyer who would like to close in cash and move in next month. I'll post the full transcript of the call if you do.

No comments: