Saturday, March 31, 2007

Actually we've got a nice little Saturday planned . . .

I figured the end of March wouldn't be a bad time to start racing for real or something like that. As part of their annual Oredigger Classic, the Colorado School of Mines cycling team holds an individual TT up Lookout Mountain. Tom Danielson set a new record (as an ITT) of something stupid like 16:02. I think my personal best in a mass start event as a Cat 4 was some three minutes slower, but I'd like to think I'm faster now that I'm a big, bad Cat 2. I would have spent just as much time trying to register day of than I would have spent racing. The lines were long and start times were being handed out for 3+ hours later in the neighborhood of 12:30 and beyond. So I wished my teammate Kevin, who was smart enough to preregister, good luck and went for a ride with Brian Kendall and other teammates from last year.

The rest of the day was where the real fun was to be had. I spent some quality time with Keely at Bed, Bath & Beyond getting some new sheets and some other accessories to make the home more homey. Since Passover starts Monday we did our best to try and shove in as much non-kosher for Passover food, sampling the delectable offerings at Little India's. The day ended on another high note, my favorite website woot.com which usually sells one item every day until that item runs out or the day ends, put up for grabs the much sought after "bag o' crap". For whatever reason this $1 mystery item usually sells out in minutes, but I was lucky enough to get my first order in, can't wait to see what crap they send. It is rumored that one time a lucky individual received a 50" plasma screen . . . I expect something more on the crap side of crap though.

Tomorrow (April Fool's Day . . . weeeeee . . .) I'll be heading back to Golden for the Oredigger Circuit Race on the CSM campus. The course looks like a good one and the race promises to break apart in a hurry.

No comments: