Thursday, March 15, 2007

At Last . . .

As evidence from yesterday's post, I can now post pictures to this here blog. I should have plenty of opportunity to take some phenomenal pictures while in Hawaii next week. I'll be vacationing with Keely and her family, eating good food, drinking good wine, and getting in some good riding.

It came as a surprise to some last weekend at Stazio, but for those who don't know, I'll be racing for Tokyo Joe's this year. I made the move basically to go to a smaller team where there would be a bit more opportunity to get results and a ton more opportunity to learn to race intelligently. On a team of just a few there is no room for self sacrifice early on and you have to learn how to take advantage of the efforts of those around you. I'll be riding with Kevin Nicol who won the Best All-Around Rider competition last year in the Pro/1/2 category. He's been racing since he was 11 and will be great to learn from.

There's not too much in store for this weekend. I could go ride around in circles, literally, at the CU Research Park crit . . . there isn't a single corner on the course . . . or I could get a longer ride in before packing up the bike. We leave on Sunday for the Big Island, plenty of adventures waiting there I'm sure.

No comments: