Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Wind Blows

I'm not sure if it really counts as jet lag coming back from Hawaii or if I was just suffering the post vacation slump, but a sleepless Monday night put the damper on the first part of the week. Nothing like wandering around all Tuesday like a zombie and then coming home to a wonderful workout on the trainer to get some TT position work in.

Today I have started thinking about making some sort of decision on what race(s) to do this weekend. Koppenberg or the Oredigger Classic? The Kop is a classic, but the road scouting report wasn't the most favorable.

"There are potholes on Marshall Road that I wouldn't want to go over with a monster truck!" - Brian Hutchison
"You might want to ask about heavy earth moving equipment on course." - Mike Carter

I rode out to Golden this afternoon to check out the course for Sunday's Circuit which runs through the scenic Colorado School of Mines. One would think that as a club affiliated with the School of Mines they would have access to some asphalt for patching the war zone that is Illinois St. All road hazards aside, I think I'll be racing in Golden on Sunday and might put in an attempt to break Tom Danielson's Lookout Mountain record. Would it really be that hard to take a few minutes off my previous personal best?

No comments: