Monday, March 26, 2007

Daily Grind

Nothing like coming back to the real world after a week of vacation . . . there are times where it seems like nothing really happened when you were gone, making it much easier to transition back into it. There are other times where you can't figure out what happened while you were gone and even worse can't remember how to do your job. I'm somewhere in the middle.

The Hawaii trip ended without too much fanfare. Will and I got in a couple more rides, but the last day was just plain stupid windy! I was pushing 11 MPH heading north along the coast so we decided to tour every road in the Mauna Lani Resort, including sneaking into a few of the gated sections to check out the big, expensive houses. On the way home, I put in a short power effort, maintaining a nice wind assisted 36 MPH.

While the overnight return flight got me home in time to race Sunday, there was no way I was going to make it to either venue with enough energy to be at all useful. I spent the morning on the couch eating some end of vacation waffles and then avoided watching the debacle that was the UNC v. Georgetown game by riding around with Keely, getting her familiarized with the potential bike to work routes for her.

Not to forget . . . despite previous mishaps and adventures, Dempsey (and his co-campers) survived doggy sleepover camp at Beds 'n Biscuits. He actually got a very favorable report card saying that he ate well, didn't really miss us, made lots of friends (all bitches I might add), and was welcome back anytime. That's my boy . . .

No comments: