Friday, January 30, 2009

Ride Time

I have the joy that is my monthly fitness test on the schedule for this afternoon. Especially during the winter months when I don't get to ride outside after work, it is nice to find out what exactly the trainer workouts are or are not doing. After a few months of being at pretty much the same level, I am expecting change this month. Unfortunately during the off-season, that change is usually a slide towards less power since you can only do so much on the trainer and maintain for so long. It was nice while it lasted . . . at least my fitness doesn't fall off as quickly as the stock market on a Friday.

This weekend is suppose to warm up a little bit, for Saturday at least. I'll be headed up to Boulder for another ride with the teammates, some of whom I still have not ridden with. A change of ride scenery will be much appreciated since I feel like I have been doing the same few rides outside when I get the chance.

Between home projects and working on the website stuff, my weekend should be relatively full. I was able to update some pages last night and take some steps towards being able to publicize it. I get to practice my Photoshop skills and stretch my design muscles and help craft a lasting impression for those visiting the team site. Speaking of . . . Hutchison is making some lasting impressions of his own, talk about dedication! He doesn't even own a Subaru.

I almost forgot, after finding out that Go Fish has all you can eat sushi and apps on Tuesdays for $28, we decided to give it a try on a regular night to see if the concept was even remotely less terrifying than one might think. It wasn't half bad. The service was very good, the specialty rolls were exciting and new, and I lived to tell about it the next day. I will have to go back after not eating for a week to get my money's worth. That's a wrap, let's call it a week!

No comments: