Sunday, August 23, 2009

In St. Johann

The first night of sleep with jet lag is always interesting, you never know how many times you are going to wake up. I managed to sleep from about 8:00 PM until about 3:00 when I tossed and turned for an hour or so, but then slept until 8:00 AM.


I looked out the window knowing it was going to be chilly and grey out with a good chance that it would be raining, yup, grey, but no rain yet. I am glad that I packed every piece of cycling clothing I own. While it was warm and windy for the ride yesterday, today was damp and cold. It did not take very long to hook up with Mike Carter, I ran into him on the first night and planned on riding with him today to open up for tomorrow's race. We rode the first part of the course before turning off towards Kirchdorf to avoid the rain higher up. We turned around again just past St. Jakob as the rain again starting to fall. There really wasn't much to do for the rest of the day with the rain coming down all day. I wandered around town a bit, but didn't get too far. At least the forecast for the rest of the week is decent.

No comments: