Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ridin Around

Nothing like waking up in the middle of the night multiple times. I managed a few hours of decent sleep and woke up shortly after 9:00 in time to make some coffee and get ready for the day. There really wasn't much on the agenda but to get out for a ride and eat at some point.

Mike, Dave and I decided to ride towards Kitzbuhel and beyond as we saw fit. We headed straight for Pass Thurn to get in some climbing and after a moments pondering, decided to go over the other side of the pass to see what was there. Mostly, we found that we'd have a pretty steady climb back up to get back to St. Johann. Mike and I had enough for the day and continued towards home while Dave mistakenly headed up to the top of the Kitzbuheler Horn.

Once everybody was safely back at the apartment, we did some grocery shopping and ended up with a free case of beer some how. I had some leftovers still and happily did nothing in the kitchen while Mike cooked. Post dinner, we wandered around a little, I had my gelato portion for the day and got ready to do it all again, only the next day involved a little more serious approach/prep for the TT on Wednesday.

No comments: