Friday, August 14, 2009

Tired

After days of procrastination, there has been some actual work completed, not the kind I do in the office during the day, but the real stuff at home. Steve and I managed to wrestle a couple pieces of drywall into place the other night and the ceiling for the espresso room is mostly covered. I still need to move the door out of the corner by a stud's width and rehang it so it actually swings and latches properly. Until I do that, I really can't finish up the drywall so well.

I also put some new tires on the TT wheels last night. I forgot what a pain in the ass it is to glue up a disc, but it's done and I shouldn't need new shoes on those wheels for another couple years. Hopefully the combination of the 19mm tire up front and the 22mm on the disc will be the right one for going fast. I have a few more efforts on the TT bike before it gets packed away in the travel case. Thanks to Brian and Cheryl, I have a hard case for travel this year. We'll see how it compares to the BikePro case I have used in the past. The airlines always managed to do something to the bikes, no matter how much padding I tried to put in place in years past. Good thing they will be charging me at least $200 each way to travel with bikes . . . if I am unlucky, they could whack me for as much as $550 each way.

Today is Steve's last day of working at the UCHSC Dental School and I don't think he'll be sad about it. Sounds like the program here kind of honked a bit and he spent a fair amount of time on his rotation doing absolutely nothing. To celebrate, he's taking a half day and heading out to Golden to hit the last couple brewery tours before taking off tomorrow morning. The plan is to meet at the Golden City Brewery, the second largest brewer in Golden, post work/post ride for a couple pints. I'd love to say my weekend will be quiet, but between racing tomorrow and packing, I don't think I will have too much time to kick back.

No comments: