Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Bit of Light

The only benefit I have found so far, a couple days into this time shift, is being in the right place at the right time to catch the sunrise if it is going to be anything significant. That'll last a few more days and then my morning adventures will only be lit by the streetlights and passing cars. This morning's sunrise was pretty incredible, foreshadowing perhaps, the weather changes in the coming days.

The cloud cover to the east was lit up in a brilliant red. Unfortunately my timing with the camera was just a bit off and I wasn't able to capture the contrast created by the texture of the clouds.


With a little bit of work, I was able to trick the point and shoot camera into the exposure I was looking for to capture the clouds further away from the horizon.


Although I have hit the trainer for my evening rides a few times already, with the time change, this week is the first where my workouts will be predominantly on the trainer. I hope there is something good on the TV to keep me entertained. I know plenty of people who can't stand the trainer, but it is a necessary evil. Ride quality is guaranteed as long as you can focus on the workout and in my case, I know I am done in just over an hour. Anybody have movie recommendations? Humor is bad as it is almost impossible to sustain an effort when you are laughing. For some unknown reason, I tend to lean towards the Retro-Active station on Comcast Cable, but I'm open to suggestions.

1 comment:

Kitt said...

I would suggest "Powaqqatsi" and "Koyaanisqatsi." Awesome images, and the Phillip Glass score would keep you pumping (unless you would find that too distracting).