Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Good Work

In preparation for the inclement weather forecast for last night, I got out after work and moved some of the remaining material from the weekend from outside to inside the garage. Said weather never materialized in my part of town, which is a good thing since material stocked in a building that isn't dried in still gets pretty wet. I also took a few minutes to make some cuts and get the gable ends of the roof mostly sheathed. I only have a few more things to do before I can call for inspection . . . tighten the anchor bolts, remove the temporary bracing, make sure the sheathing is completely nailed . . .

My garage door and opener are all picked out and ready to go, I just have to finish getting the garage ready for them to be installable. Getting all of the little details worked out correctly can be a slight bit of a pain, but better doing it right the first time. In the end The view of the garage door isn't visible from anywhere but the alley, but there is the satisfaction of a job well done nonetheless.

I have my shingles all picked out and ready to go as well. I found a 40-year, dimensional shingle that matches the rest of the house pretty well for the same price as a cheap, 3-tab, 20-year shingle. It is all coming together, slowly but surely.

No comments: